Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 084 - We're half way into our trip YEAHHHHH !!!

We thought the weather may be terrible over the next week as we are expecting -15 degree temps so we decided to go to the top of Sulphur Mountain via the Gondola in Banff. 





Banff Springs Hotel


Banff Downtown





Sammy giving me the finger with the safety of mittens cover.



 The sun through the clouds. 









For some reason Helene reminds me of THE THING in this shot.


Still dying to see this movie, I missed it at the Banff Cinema as it was only here for 2 weeks so we went to Calgary to see it and it had stopped showing it there too. Fricken bumbed.






Here is a shot of when I was here in the summer of 2005. 


We tried to recreate this shot again but we didn't have a copy on hand so we didn't get the angle right. bumber eh.... 


But it is very close to being the same spot. Awesome.



Me giving sammy the finger....
By the way mittens are 100 times warmer than gloves if you were wondering.






THE THING IS WATCHING !!!!





Sammy giving me the finger x 2.









I heard that the movie 'Inception' was filmed around here and I thought this might be the snow base from the movie. I looked it up and it looks nothing like it.





















Was getting fricken cold so we jumped on the Gondola and head down into the valley to see the Hoodoo's...








We're getting tired and abit wacko...




Hope you enjoyed the pics.

P.s. I added a countdown timer of when we heading back to Australia. Getting close now.

Cheers

Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment