Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 107 - Getting Cold in the Rockies

We haven't been taking any photos lately as it has been very cold and snowing!  Not that we are complaining, we finally had the chance to go snowboarding at Sunshine on Monday which was the best snow we've ever experienced!  I even learnt to get off the chairlift without falling over, which I was quite excited about!  Shame I couldn't repeat my performance a second time, but I guess practice makes perfect! I did manage to take turns but apparently I am a mixture or natural and goofy.... strange.

Sunshine is HUGE!  You have to take this gondola for ages (20 - 30 mins) to get to the top, which we loved as we were out of the wind and snow.  We went down the same green run 3 times, each time I was getting better, until the end when I wiped out and majorly bruised my back side ;-(  The funniest part is that Marc stacked it on a different run at the exact same time as me. He went down a more dangerous run which was narrow with big dips, he had to keep jumping constantly all the way down... CRAZY!

Marc had to work at the Lake Louise Ski Resort today, setting up for the Downhill Skiing World Championships.  He was so jealous that he couldn't go snowboarding as it was a beautiful day just after a huge dump overnight which actually closed the road from Lake Louise to Jasper.  They had over 55 cms in 48 hours, Marc said he actually saw people stuck in powder up over their knees!

Here are some photos from today, courtesy of Lake Louise Website:





View of the Chateau from the top of the ski hill.  Such a beautiful view!!!


Marc and I also went to the movies on Sunday and enjoyed a night in Banff, which was nice.  The temperatures have reached -21 last week.  Breathing in these temps hurts, so had to cover my face when walking to work.  Today wasn't as bad, only -6 this morning, but the side walk was very slushy on my way to work.

So that's all we have to report for now.  I'm working for the next few days and the snow is awesome so Marc might be going snowboarding on his own tomorrow, NOT FAIR!

Take care everyone!

Oh and here are some more pics of the dump we had the last day or so.




AWESOME

No comments:

Post a Comment