Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 030 & 031 - Revelstoke & Lake Louise

Day 030 - Driving driving driving...

After a great night sleep in a comfy hotel bed at Salmon Arm and most of all a relaxing dip in a hot tub the night before, we stoped by the fruit market and took off for Revelstoke.  The driving from the day before kinda took its tole on us, so we were pretty tired. 

So we stopped at a little place called Poppys in Revelstoke.  We were told that Revelstoke is one of the newer resorts that has awesome powder snow, so we thought we'd check out the town to get a feel for it.  It's a very cute and sleepy town that consists of one main street and a few around it, a little too sleepy for us we think.  Granted it is their low season, but I think Banff is where our heart is...


The hostel was a huge house with three levels.  A different kind of hostel as they only have private rooms, which was a nice change for us.  We did meet this one guy who had been walking accross Canada for 2 weeks, making his way on foot to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island.  CRAZY!!!  Everything he owns is on his back and he just walks all day and sleeps near the road at night....  Not quite our style but very inspiring none the less.  He stayed at the hostel as he needed a real bed and a shower ;-)


Day 031 - Lake Louise Here We Come!


Leaving for Lake Louise.... we couldn't wait!



The AWESOME view on the way....




 
It was an odd feeling for Marc and I arriving to Lake Louise today.  It was the first time in our trip so far that we were visiting a place we had been to before.  Gave us a greater sense of belonging I guess.




We couldn't resist going straight to the lake, the last time we were there it was a cold and overcast day so we couldn't wait to see it on such a gorgeous sunny day.  And it didn't disapoint....









The Chateau at Lake Louise...



Getting my feet wet, the water was cold...
My favourite moment, finding a chipmunk right on the side of the foot path, he was so cute and not at all afraid of us.



I want to keep him!!!!



Such a cute bum!






Marc's saying "Come on Sandrine, leave the dam chipmunck alone!"



Admiring the beautiful view






Chipmunk so friendly I got him to come right up to me, pretending I had food for him.  He didn't hesitate and put his little hands on my fingers, sniffing for food.  OOOOOHHHHH SO GORGEOUS!




OK I may seem obsessed with the chipmunk, but come on... WHO WOULDN'T BE??



Love the markings on his fur, so cool!


We got to play with our macro lens too, which was fun...










My beautiful man, on the eve of his birthday... technically already his birthday back home...



The Chateau from the other side, I really like this shot.


IN HEAVEN!





Sammy

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! You guys just knew that I would love this place and you were right. Such beautiful scenery. I'm gonna visit this place one day...hmm

    ReplyDelete