Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 027 – Dusty dusty morning but SOOO worth it!

I showed Sammy the Quad bike that was on display in the foyer in a Whistler lodge. I said “hop on, wonna try this.” I had memorized the prices with the brochure in my hand, and I was running over possible responses to Sammy’s objections to why we can’t go. She said “Sure, it’ll be fun.” I said “But Sam….. Wha!?.., really? ”





We decided to do the early morning 3hr trip that includes breakfast in a wooden cabbin with 270 degree panoramic views. Amazing, although a little naughty. Waiting for us when we arrived was OJ, coffee, hot waffles, with blueberry jam, whipped cream and maple syrup and most of all MAPLE COOKED BACON. What tha!? That's right, how the hell are people supposed to maintain a normal body fat ratio when they serve that stuff. We had a very small lunch and dinner after, but still....






The mossies where in groups of hundreds, I put the helmet on to keep my head from being eaten alive.


Apprently there was snow right here last week, in the middle of Summer....

Sammy ate some dirt!!

My gorgeous wife, 





Sammy asked me to jump again but my foot hurt like hell so I gave her a one foot raise.



Here are a bunch of stills from our GO PRO camera.

Within the first 10 minutes we were already dirty, pity Sam's bag was at the front and copped most of it...
Hitting some serious speed, wicked fun....
"may the force be with you" - That's Sammy under there...
Love Sammy's camera skills there, good shot! Trying to catch the group after mucking around, The bag with all our camera gear on the front came loose and almost came off. abit scary
Caught them
back to dust city
Dusty much ?
It was wicked fun!  We want one!!1

Sammy actually screamed “WHAHOOOOO !” as I increased speed down the steep unstable terrain over looking the cliffs. I hope I haven’t woken the inner lunatic in her…



Check out the view of the snow top hills and the shadow of us zooming by - AWESOME


You can't tell but we're smiling underneath the helmets.
the view from the top
A bit dusty



We had an awesome time on the Quad bikes (ATV), I said "So are we getting one of these back home?". Sammy said "Absolutely". Stoked!!

Marc

1 comment:

  1. Oh my lord!! I've always wanted a quad bike! Cole did promise to build me one once with the engine in the garage :) Very, very jealous guys!! Can't believe it's already been 27 days!!

    ReplyDelete