Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 002 - Vancouver city & drinks

We slept in big time, we went to sleep around 5 or 6pm Vancouver time and woke up at 12midday the next day. We just crashed completely. I woke up all numb and disoriented. 

I had booked and paid for a cool ‘Industrial Light and Magic’ conference, which I completely missed. I learnt not to pay for things upfront when I don’t have to. And I also heard the conference was not as amazing as I originally thought anyway.

It turned out to be a beautifully sunny day,













Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities I’ve been to, very green and everyone seems to be going at a very slow, & easy going pace.

We caught up with Oba as we were supposed to go see ‘Rise of the Apes’ but we ended up meeting a whole bunch of his mates and thought lets have a drink instead.

The locally brewed ‘Granville Island’ – Hefeweizen is awesome. Apparently you can do a brewery tour in just a short walk to the man made island, there’s markets there too. So that’s on the list of things to do.

Granville Island Hefeweizen

We ending up having about four or five drinks at a very cool Bar on the Marina. I didn’t catch the name but I’m sure I’ll be back there again.

We heard about an ‘Image Engine’ sponsored party just up the road in ‘Gastown’. "What the hell it sounds fun" and off we went. I’m glad we did too because we caught up with some old friends of mine from Adelaide and met some new faces too.

The rest of the night was kinda blurry with a train trip to Yaletown and a few more drinks later.  Awesome fun. So far this trip is winning.

Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment