Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 055 - Wildlife spotting arond Banff

After a lazy Sunday morning and seeing my Sophia on Skype, we decided to go for a drive to discover more of the area, more importantly find some wildlife!!!  The below photo was taken from the car on the highway, the view is amazing anywhere you look.







I couldn't stop admiring the beautiful colours of autumn


We took a drive towards Banff and found a few sheep by Lake Minnewanka, including a cutie little baby sheep!



 I love this photo... its funny... Tell us how many sheep you see?






After a while the sheep decided to climb up a rocky hill above us and I cought this picture of the baby








We went for a drive through Banff and went straight for the Banff golf course, which we heard from Sarah and Justin that we could see a bear there.  Sadly there was no bear, but we did see alot of elk.  Check out this huge boy pocking his tongue out.




That's the Banff Springs Hotel beind the trees (where Marc works).


After a drive all around the golf course we were about to drive off when we spotted these big boys fighting!!!


I made a loude sound and they both stopped and looked up at me, it was a bit intimidating...


I could hear their antlers banging together all the way across the river.


We went around the river to get some closer shots of them...




Peek a boohhh






A pretty awesome golf course if you ask me!  Marc said they are closing it soon, I hope we still get to drive around there...


This is the view of Banff accross the Bow River with Cascade Mountain rising in the back ground.


I love the reflection on the river, the mountain, the trees and the clouds make for a great canvas.



I found this line of trees interesting, starting with no leaves to still some leaves left on the last tree.  Great symbol of winter coming. 


Marc spotted this cayote and got some pretty awesome shots.  He's so beautiful, I wanted to give him a cuddle!






Such a good looking boy!


This is Banff Avenue, the main street in Banff.  Isn't it beautiful!



 Banff Springs Hotel again!!!  Nice view!


My good looking husband getting cold outside and putting on his jacket while I get a very close shot of his face... SMILE!


 Love the buildings in Banff, they look awesome!


Marc found a good gift for someone who can't get enough of golf... Yep that's you Nigel! hehehe


Again just going for a drive around here is awesome!  We still haven't found a bear, but we'll keep trying!

Sammy ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment