Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 063 - Missed a few posts

Yes I now guys and gals we haven't blogged in a few days.

The reason being I have been working crazy hours all week and we haven't had a chance to go take any photos. Good news is I pretty much have next week off so it's back on track. It's hard for Sammy to take pics when I take the car to Banff and it's FREEZING outside.

Picked up sammy from work and thought we'd get a few pics around the gallery.



This is the artwork and images she gets to look at all day and talk about...


So we're living in Canmore right and apparently Canmore has a big problem.... It's infested with cute little bunnies. Apparently a dwarf bunnie breeder in the area decided they didn't want to do it anymore and let them go, now when Sammy walks to work she's see's at least 5 or 6 bunnies everyday like just off the sidewalk.




She has tried to cuddle them but they all run away from her.  They still let her get pretty close to take these photos, but we all know she wants to touch one..






This little guy hopped away from Sam and came right under our car.  So cute!


I see them just driving down the street. So anyway they are going to individually shoot them or introduce Coyotes. Seems like a "cane toad" solution to me but we'll see what happens. I really hope they leave them alone but not being a local, I don't fully understand the environmental issue with them being here.


Since we've been in Canada we have picked up a few hits about making burgers. I think it's fair to say I can now make a pretty mean burger Bison or Salmon.





I don't have any other new images to show but I have decided to make a Pros/Cons list for you about living in Canada.

Pros
  • The mountain views from every angle
  • Pumpkin pie
  • Fire place every night
  • Wildlife everywhere
  • Really cheap fresh berries and banana's
  • Super cheap rent compared to Australia.
  • Most people a relaxed, approachable and outgoing, Super nice. (mostly)
  • Everyone has an appreciation for the outdoors and nature
Cons
  • You have to pay to recieve calls and texts on any phone plan
  • Tipping 12 to 17 % on everything even when it's not really worth tipping for...
  • Tax is not included in the price. ($29 really = $29.00 + 5% TAX in Alberta or 12% TAX in BC + Tip)
  • No free TV (need to have cable to watch TV)
  • Nose bleeds everyday from living in high altitude. (Canmore Elevation 1350m or 4430 ft)
  • Sooo dry and freezing cold your skin cracks and burns.
  • Most jobs pay minimum wage which is ridiculously low.
if I come up with more I'll update the list.

enjoy

Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment