Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 057 & 058 - Fresh Snow

We'll the last couple of days has been drizzley but that just means fresh snow on the hills...

This is a shot of the 'Three Sisters' I took by the road infront of our place. 


Got a hard core work schedule this week with 6am starts. Gonna be crazy....


Appologies for the lack of images but like I said the weather has been a little damp. When it's actually snowing I'm sure we'll be snapping shots like crazy as usual. 

Yesterday whilst Sammy was at work I decided to drive to Calgary to put some winter tires on the car, you need them to drive espesially in this nieghbourhood as in a few weeks we're going to be up to our knees in below zero ice, slate and snow....


The rubber is SUPER soft so you have to take them off as soon as summer hits or they'll melt away basically. They have to be driven in below + 10 degrees. 

It's funny, when I tell people I'm from Canmore and Banff they get a cheaky smile on they're face. They then say:

"Oh, you'll have fun there. You know it gets minus 40 degrees right?"

 I keep saying 

"I know" 

they reply,  

"no you don't!" :)

I'm starting to think I don't know what I'm in for, apparently I have to get a block heater for my car. If I park at the grocery store I need to plug my car in to keep it warm as I could freeze the engine block in less than 30 minutes. Crazy right.... Oh and I just bought all season anti freeze wind shield wiper fluid... So it doesn't freeze the wind shield instantly whilst driving...

I bought a mid layer jacket in Calgary too, It's getting quite expensive with all the jackets and gear we need to just live here, Well we did buy Season lift passes for Sunshine Ski Resort too so we're planning to have some fun also.


We wanted to get a 3 park pass but at a pre-season sale rate it's still $1399.00 each. We can't afford anything near that. We thought if lake Louise is awesome one weekend we'll just go for the weekend or something....

Sorry but I have no more updates, over the next few days Sammy has a few areas she wants to take shots so we'll have a fresh load of pics in a day or so...

cheers

Marc



No comments:

Post a Comment