Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 075 - It's SNOWING!

Today started off as a typical day.  Both Marc and I had to work, Marc left at 6.15 am (it's very dark at that time of morning) to get to work with a temperature of -5 degrees!

I walked to work on what was a fantastic crisp day (-1 degrees), made the walk so enjoyable with a bright blue sky and not a cloud in sight.  Around 1pm the temperature suddenly dropped and an hour later it started to snow.  By late afternoon a blanket of white had covered the town and I was nice and warm in the gallery watching the snow flakes fall.  Thankfully, Marc had already gotten home so he managed to get a few shots during the snow storm!





By the time I finished work, it had stopped snowing.  Thank god he was picking me up from work today, I would have been freezing walking home!


Marc had the great idea to bring the camera with him to pick me up so I took some photos of the town when I got out of work and we had so much fun!



Thought this house was pretty cool!  It's decorated for Halloween and you can see the two skeletons behind me:



I was like a kid at a candy store... or maybe a toy store, so excited to see the snow!


My husband was pretty cozy with his down jacket and ski pants, not to mention his beard keeping him warm...

He proceeded to throw snow balls at me while I was photographing the awesome contrast of the dead trees with no leaves covered with snow and the last remaining tree with yellow and some green leaves...


Naughty boy!



I guess even mother nature knows it needs to keep some orange colours for Halloween....
Love these decorations in the street, they looked awesome with the new snow lightly covering the ground!




So there you have it, just like that... our first day of snow!

Tomorrow Marc is going on a photography trip to find some bears with Jason (my boss) while I have to work!!!  Not Fair!!  But I hope they see bears!!!  Actually no I don't, because if I have to see more photos of things I have missed out on I will be very upset!  I've been missing enough stuff lately, don't want to miss out on seeing bears too!!!

Sammy ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment